The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we work, learn, and plan for the future. Like you, Widen has been closely monitoring the pandemic, and it’s clear that this ongoing crisis deeply affects all areas of our lives, now and for months to come.
So, for 2020, the annual Widen Summit will no longer take place in Madison, Wisconsin and instead will be an entirely free virtual event.
We know this may be disappointing to some and good news to others. It definitely was not an easy choice to make, as we love connecting and learning face-to-face with the Widen community. But based on the information currently available, we feel this is the right decision for the safety of the Widen community. We considered a number of criteria in our decision making, including:
• Projected length and timeframe of the ongoing pandemic
• Federal, state, or local government recommendations to cancel or significantly restrict access to public spaces or large events
• CDC recommendations to cancel and/or severely limit in-person events
• Travel restrictions that significantly affect a large portion of attendees
• Financial impact for customers to attend an in-person event that requires travel
What does this all mean? We’re still figuring that out, but as details come together you’ll be the first to know. If you have any ideas, feedback, or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, as we’d love to hear from you.
So let’s do this! Let’s stay apart together, and see what new and wonderful things emerge. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and understanding.
From a safe distance,
Your friends at Widen
P.S. If you submitted a presentation proposal, hang tight – you will receive more information via email soon.